College Manor’s impressive, castle-like building has been a landmark in historic Lutherville, Maryland for decades. Originally a Lutheran Seminary, the site later became a home to the Maryland College for Women; and in 1952 was re-established as College Manor, an extended family assisted living facility.
The firm has been involved in two projects at this site. Exterior identity signage was designed for better roadside recognition. The firm also coordinated the replacement of outdated and deteriorating domestic water lines within the building, an effort that involved the creative concealment of new lines within bulkheads and walls in order to achieve a result that would have no significant impact or noticeably alter the appearance of interior spaces.