North East Racing Center

Originally built in 1942, and known for 30 years as Poor Jimmy’s, this vintage building underwent substantial renovation and two additions to provide fine dining as well as a lounge with live evening entertainment, a sports bar, and upscale wagering areas. This project is the first in an effort by the Maryland Jockey Club to upgrade existing off-track betting facilities in Maryland and will serve as the prototype for future projects.