Conmy Hall is the armed force's primary facility for ceremonial events. Built in 1934 as a riding hall, the building celebrates its vintage industrial character with exposed brick walls, concrete grandstand, riveted steel roof trusses and wood roof deck. Having undergone only limited maintenance and upgrades since it opened, this project involved a full systemic renovation of the interior as well as restorative repairs to the historic exterior.
Complex architectural systems intervention included repair/replacement of floors, wall and ceiling finishes, window treatments, bathroom upgrades, replacement of roll up doors, replacement of exterior canopies, masonry/concrete of exterior wall repairs, display area for the TOG museum, replacement of existing sound system, theatrical lighting, house lighting and acoustics. The original wood folding seats were refurbished, and a wooden kick rail was reintroduced to approximate the building's original configuration of spectator seating. The award-winning, fully transformed historic equestrian ceremonial hall into a state-of-the-art performance venue seating 1,200.